Fishing Skill Release Today we bring you a brand new skilling activity: Fishing! Suddenly, there seems to be a huge variety of freshwater fish in the Exodus pond. We aren't quite sure how they got there, but we can tell you all about them:
- There are 5 types of fish that you can gather (Catfish, Bass, Trout, Gar, Walleye)
- Each fish will require the next level of Fishing Rod (there are 5, get your first from Finn the Fisherman!)
- Fishing takes a bit longer than WoodChopping, but the merchant is willing to pay slightly more for your efforts.
- 4 Fishing Poles have been added to the Merchant Store
Good luck getting started - off to the races, who can catch a Walleye first!?
Quality of Life Improvements
- NPCs have a nice name plaque to let you know who they are
- Tools, Trees, and Fish will now display their respective level in all interfaces
- Resources will now tell you if you don't have the right tool equipped right when you click as opposed to 5s later.
- Bank "deposit all" method should be slightly faster.
- Bushes are no longer free-thinking, and do not assume random rotation angles. We hope you enjoy a relaxing day by the ponds with Finn!
- Multi-logging bans. We have added a system to detect whether or not you are signed in and playing on 2 screens at once for the same account. We want to make sure that each account plays fairly! If you are detected on multiple screens, you will receive a soft-ban of 10 minutes. Gotta do what we gotta do, sorry! ( You can use multiple addresses at once, just don't sign in to the same one on multiple screens )
Sincerely, Exodus Development Team
P.S. Don't get too used to the fishing scenery, due to the new schools of fish that have moved in, the villagers are planning a bit of renovation..
July 15 Exodus Release Notes
As we are preparing for our next major update (Fishing), we have still been working to improve the quality of gameplay and overall visual experience in Exodus! This week we bring updates to the shop, a leaderboard, and a few patches.
New Shoppe Items
The Shoppe has fresh NFTs in stock! Go to the village merchant to check them out. Overall we have 5 new tier 4 items, 3 new tier 3 items, and 1 tier 2 item. For tier 4 we have: Purple Robin Hood Hat, Black Wizard Hat, Purple Wizard Hat, Purple Feather Hat, and the Blue Dragon Shield. For tier 3 we are releasing: White Feather Hat, Yellow Feather Hat, Black Lion Shield. Lastly, the plain Blue Shield will be available for tier 2 members. Remember, the Shoppe is based on your tier of Beta membership, upgrade to get access to more NFTs!
There is now a leaderboard available on the outside wall of the bank for those who were curious how others were doing in-game. Go check out the top 10!
- the tasks on the quest tab should now update as you chop logs
- Parrots are no longer floating in mid-air
- Hammers are no longer falling off the forger's table
- The bush covering up the scavenger hunt location was adjusted
- There is now an overlay effect when underwater in the fishing area!
- The chopper no longer talks about steel hatchets
Looking forward to pushing out more patches and updates. In the mean time, we are hard at work preparing the server-side logic and front-end visuals for fishing!
Enjoy your day, and check out the new NFTs!! Sincerely, Exodus Development Team
July 9 Exodus Gaming Update
Scavenger Hunting Passive Activity: Every day at 0:00 UTC, 10 scavenger locations will appear! Search them out to earn currency or a chance at 6 rare gems ( Diamond, Ruby, Rubellite, Peridot, Spinel, Topaz ). You can now redeem your scavenger hunt tokens at the Scavenger NPC, located at her fruit stand outside on the pathway. Redeeming a token will reset your scavenger locations and spawn 10 new ones.
Money Pouch: You will now keep your metamoney in a money pouch located in the inventory! No longer do you need to worry about losing coins, or depositing and withdrawing them. Enjoy!
Quality of Life and Patches: We have been working hard behind the scenes to smooth out your experience and patch up reported bugs. The main updates you will notice are:
- Additional scenery, rocks, plants, and more have been added.
- The dock scene has been updated in preparation for fishing.
- You can now climb the tower inside the bank.
- There are more bankers, and they are easier to get to.
- You are no longer allowed to drop your hatchet!!!
- Pressing the "1" key now opens and closes your inventory.
- Hatchets now spawn more dynamically when clicking trees.
- Items will no longer overlap when swapping in the bank.
- Pine trees now have colliders and you cannot walk through them.
- YOU CAN NO LONGER DROP HATCHETS!!!!!
- Inventory should load/render faster.
- Selling items with a full inventory no longer results in lost coins!!
- The skills tab experience and levels will now update live.
- The bank inventory should now update properly when full.
- Shop now restricts to 1 purchase per 2 seconds to avoid accidental spam buys.
- Non-members now see membership popup
Good luck finding some gems, some of them are pretty rare!
Sincerely, Exodus Development Team