October 15 - Exodus Halloween Release Notes
October has been a spooky and progress packed month for Exodus. Our latest updates include the release of the Cooking skill, some major updates to gameplay, lots of pumpkins, and a limited time Halloween event! There's lots of changes, here are the details:
Cooking Skill Release Ruben the chef was getting tired of the all the raw fishy smell coming from the bank, so he set out of town and build a few firepits. You'll now be able to cook your fish! To cook, grab some logs and some raw fish, and head to a fire pit. Higher level logs will burn for a longer period of time -- so make sure to bring your Wistiria! At first, you'll burn a handful of fish, but as you learn and level up you'll eventually stop burning them all together. Cooked fish are also twice as valuable as their raw counterpart - hope you kept all your best catches!
Using the "drop" button in your inventory no longer sends items straight into oblivion. Now, all items will appear on the ground for a 60s period of time before disappearing forever!! You can pick the item back up into your inventory by clicking on it. Feel free to drop your tools now knowing that you can actually pick them back up.
Each skill now has a super rare set of skilling shards that you can acquire as you train. Once you get all 4 pieces, you'll be able to combine them into the completed version. As with gems, shards are planned to be used in the crafting skill to upgrade and create items!
We've implemented a handful of updates to how the scene loads. This includes changes to our trigger regions, and the use of 'lazy loading' throughout the scene. While improving scene speed is a constant work in progress, we hope that things are a little bit faster for you when running around now.
The Liberator of Parva armor set has hit Silas's merch shoppe! In addition, all level 1 tools have been included in the shoppe as well ( for all those players who lost Hopper's hatchet! ).
A devious Jack O' Lantern has cast a curse over Exodus, expected to last for a while yet. This has brought lots of new decor, and some spooky skeleton visitors. As you train your skills, you'll collect pumpkins that can be redeemed with the skeleton siblings for a haunted set of DCL wearables. The more outfit pieces you have equipped the more pumpkins you'll end up earning. You'll be able to gather pumpkins til Nov. 5, and redeem them til Nov. 12. Don't miss out on this chance to hollow out your soul and earn some NFTs!!!
September 3 Exodus Release Note
This labor day weekend, we bring you one of the largest updates to Exodus to date. This update is focused on the release of the mining skill, our final resource gathering skill. Additionally, you will see vast changes to our scene and overall visual effects throughout all of Exodus, as well as a completely redesigned mining area. Lets get into the details:
Mining Skill Release
Talk with Cole the miner to get your first pickaxe. The cave contains 5 types of ore/minerals: Iron, Coal, Gold, Titanium, Tungsten. As with the other resource gathering skills, each ore will require a pickaxe of a different level. You will find the merchant has already adapted his store and now sells a variety of pickaxes!
It might just be us, but mining is a bit of a change of pace in comparison to sitting by the lakeside and fishing, and every here and there you'll find something interesting. Look out for rare geodes - you never know what could be inside.
- The mine now has multiple entrances as well as a more developed system of rooms and passages full of torches, dripstones, and...darkness.
- The fishing area has been changed to be a little rockier. The water isn't as deep, but it hold even more secrets now.
- Some fog has started to roll into the Forest area, and it's really made woodchopping into a hazy experience.
- There are now 5 new robin hood hats in the merchant store! Go get those NFTs!
- Scavenger hunts just got a lot harder. There are now 50% more locations, and the darkness of the cave doesn't help.
- Metamoney can now be withdrawn from the bank again, in case you still had some there.
- Banking should be a bit faster when depositing and withdrawing. Players can now organize their bank items.
Tier 4 Lifetime Membership has been increased from $599 to $999.
We hope you enjoy this update as much as we do -- looking forward to the next batch of content.
Enjoy your weekend and happy Labor Day,
Exodus Development Team
Hello Exodus players! This week, we bring you an overhaul of various user interface elements, some quality of life improvements/bugfixes, as well as some new additions to the shoppe! Here are the details:
UI Overhaul ( V2 )
- We have replaced the USB-stick interface with a new, more neutral design. This includes the Inventory, Equipment, Skills, and Quests interface. Hope you enjoy the wooden look.
- The bank has also been replaced to match the design of the other new interfaces.
- The shoppe now is sorted into various pages, so as to separate the different tiers of items.
- Metamoney will now use standard abbreviations for amounts of 10,000 or more (10,000 becomes 10k). You can click the metamoney to expand to see the exact number.
- We have replaced the Catfish model, so hopefully everyone can click it, it now behaves more like the other fish.
- If you have a full inventory and you click on a resource, you are now immediately notified instead of being notified after a delay.
- You can no longer claim a scavenger hunt location with a full inventory.
- Ban-time should now count down from 240s if you get timed out. Please don't be shy to let us know if you still are getting timed out by mistake!
New Shoppe Items & Prices
- You will notice the Sand Rogue outfit is now available in the store! You can now purchase the: Sand Rogue Hood (Tier 0), Shoocacu Bow (Tier 1), Sand Rogue Gilded Body (Tier 2), Sand Rogue Legs (Tier 3), and Sand Rogue Boots (Tier 4). You'll have to have a tier 4 membership in order to buy the complete outfit in the store!
- We have revamped our pricing system to be more formulaic and consistent. You'll notice some prices have changed. Some have increased, some have decreased.
We are busy preparing the cave for the release of mining skill at month's end! Stay on the lookout for more updates,
Enjoy your weekend,
Exodus Development Team
Fishing Skill Release Today we bring you a brand new skilling activity: Fishing! Suddenly, there seems to be a huge variety of freshwater fish in the Exodus pond. We aren't quite sure how they got there, but we can tell you all about them:
- There are 5 types of fish that you can gather (Catfish, Bass, Trout, Gar, Walleye)
- Each fish will require the next level of Fishing Rod (there are 5, get your first from Finn the Fisherman!)
- Fishing takes a bit longer than WoodChopping, but the merchant is willing to pay slightly more for your efforts.
- 4 Fishing Poles have been added to the Merchant Store
Good luck getting started - off to the races, who can catch a Walleye first!?
Quality of Life Improvements
- NPCs have a nice name plaque to let you know who they are
- Tools, Trees, and Fish will now display their respective level in all interfaces
- Resources will now tell you if you don't have the right tool equipped right when you click as opposed to 5s later.
- Bank "deposit all" method should be slightly faster.
- Bushes are no longer free-thinking, and do not assume random rotation angles. We hope you enjoy a relaxing day by the ponds with Finn!
- Multi-logging bans. We have added a system to detect whether or not you are signed in and playing on 2 screens at once for the same account. We want to make sure that each account plays fairly! If you are detected on multiple screens, you will receive a soft-ban of 10 minutes. Gotta do what we gotta do, sorry! ( You can use multiple addresses at once, just don't sign in to the same one on multiple screens )
Sincerely, Exodus Development Team
P.S. Don't get too used to the fishing scenery, due to the new schools of fish that have moved in, the villagers are planning a bit of renovation..
July 15 Exodus Release Notes
As we are preparing for our next major update (Fishing), we have still been working to improve the quality of gameplay and overall visual experience in Exodus! This week we bring updates to the shop, a leaderboard, and a few patches.
New Shoppe Items
The Shoppe has fresh NFTs in stock! Go to the village merchant to check them out. Overall we have 5 new tier 4 items, 3 new tier 3 items, and 1 tier 2 item. For tier 4 we have: Purple Robin Hood Hat, Black Wizard Hat, Purple Wizard Hat, Purple Feather Hat, and the Blue Dragon Shield. For tier 3 we are releasing: White Feather Hat, Yellow Feather Hat, Black Lion Shield. Lastly, the plain Blue Shield will be available for tier 2 members. Remember, the Shoppe is based on your tier of Beta membership, upgrade to get access to more NFTs!
There is now a leaderboard available on the outside wall of the bank for those who were curious how others were doing in-game. Go check out the top 10!
- the tasks on the quest tab should now update as you chop logs
- Parrots are no longer floating in mid-air
- Hammers are no longer falling off the forger's table
- The bush covering up the scavenger hunt location was adjusted
- There is now an overlay effect when underwater in the fishing area!
- The chopper no longer talks about steel hatchets
Looking forward to pushing out more patches and updates. In the mean time, we are hard at work preparing the server-side logic and front-end visuals for fishing!
Enjoy your day, and check out the new NFTs!! Sincerely, Exodus Development Team
July 9 Exodus Gaming Update
Scavenger Hunting Passive Activity: Every day at 0:00 UTC, 10 scavenger locations will appear! Search them out to earn currency or a chance at 6 rare gems ( Diamond, Ruby, Rubellite, Peridot, Spinel, Topaz ). You can now redeem your scavenger hunt tokens at the Scavenger NPC, located at her fruit stand outside on the pathway. Redeeming a token will reset your scavenger locations and spawn 10 new ones.
Money Pouch: You will now keep your metamoney in a money pouch located in the inventory! No longer do you need to worry about losing coins, or depositing and withdrawing them. Enjoy!
Quality of Life and Patches: We have been working hard behind the scenes to smooth out your experience and patch up reported bugs. The main updates you will notice are:
- Additional scenery, rocks, plants, and more have been added.
- The dock scene has been updated in preparation for fishing.
- You can now climb the tower inside the bank.
- There are more bankers, and they are easier to get to.
- You are no longer allowed to drop your hatchet!!!
- Pressing the "1" key now opens and closes your inventory.
- Hatchets now spawn more dynamically when clicking trees.
- Items will no longer overlap when swapping in the bank.
- Pine trees now have colliders and you cannot walk through them.
- YOU CAN NO LONGER DROP HATCHETS!!!!!
- Inventory should load/render faster.
- Selling items with a full inventory no longer results in lost coins!!
- The skills tab experience and levels will now update live.
- The bank inventory should now update properly when full.
- Shop now restricts to 1 purchase per 2 seconds to avoid accidental spam buys.
- Non-members now see membership popup
Good luck finding some gems, some of them are pretty rare!
Sincerely, Exodus Development Team
To get started with the woodchopping Beta here are the requirements and skill info. Players must have Tier 1-4 to access. Info can be found HERE for Tiers
Log into Decentraland with your crypto wallet. It can be Metamask, infinity wallet, ledger, or coinbase wallet.
Go to coordinates in Decentraland 126,44. Head over to Hopper the woodchopper directly East on the estate. (He will be walking around the forest in the corner.
Woodchopping Tree Leveling
Acacia Tree /90
Wisteria tree /115
At level 40, players can speak to Hopper the Woodchopper again in the East corner of the map and receive a free Steel hatchet.
Here is the leveling/XP info
Hours to Next level
XP Multiplier 0.05
Base XP 100
Exodus is a Metaverse Role-Playing Game (M.R.P.G)
Exodus is a game based in the Decentraland Metaverse at coordinates 126,44 and timeline is in the medieval era with animated characters.
There are 7 current skills being developed.
Our focus is on creating a great gaming experience in the form of an MMO experience but in web3. The main difference is how players will be able to own and control their assets. We want to give that choice to the gaming industry.
Post your ideas on the improvements and new ideas for Exodus below in the comments. Some ideas could potentially be implemented in the game and we need your help to do that! Feel free to have more than one comment.