- Create your own wearable
- Decentraland Scene Creators
Decentraland Scene Creators
In order to improve performance in the metaverse, we have established a set of limits that every scene must follow. If a scene exceeds these limitations, then the parcel won’t be loaded and the preview will display an error message.
For a straight-forward reference of what limitations you’ll have for a specific number of parcels, check the following reference table.
Scene limitation rules#
Below are the maximum number of elements allowed in a scene:
n represents the number of parcels that a scene occupies.
- Triangles: n x 10000 Total amount of triangles for all the models in the scene.
- Entities: n x 200 Amount of entities in the scene.
- Bodies: n x 300 Amount of meshes in the scene.
- Materials: log2(n+1) x 20 Amount of materials in the scene. It includes materials imported as part of models.
- Textures: log2(n+1) x 10 Amount of textures in the scene. It includes textures imported as part of models.
- Height: log2(n+1) x 20 Height in meters.
- Note: Only entities that are currently being rendered in the scene are counted for these limits. If your scene switches between 3D models, what matters is the rendered models at any point in time, not the total sum. Player avatars and any items brought by a player from outside the scene don’t count for calculating these limits either.
- File size: 15 MB per parcel Total size of the files uploaded to the content server. Includes 3D models and audio. Doesn’t include files that aren’t uploaded, such as node.js packages.
- File count: 200 files per parcel Total count of the files uploaded. Includes 3D models and audio. Doesn’t include files that aren’t uploaded, such as node.js packages.